Friday, May 27, 2016

Bought an annoying toy

Today I wandered into what I thought was an expensive kids' clothing store looking for a particular item. They didn't have what I was looking for, but they did have a small selection of Japanese books - the kind that play music when you press buttons. Most of them, despite the Japanese writing, sang in English but one of them spoke in Japanese.

There is a key that you turn which makes a revving sound, a steering wheel that pops up and you can steer, buttons which give directions, and the book part which has various scenes. My son is a bit too old for it. I bought it anyway.

I'm trying to justify it by saying that we would have bought it before if we had gone into the store. And even though we are trying to declutter, we don't want him to grow up too fast.

In the end, he does need to practice Japanese, and the more we surround him the better. Plus, it's a neat toy. He can set up chairs and pretend he's driving a car, or I can bring it with us and he can play with it in our car if we have to wait when we are picking someone up.

Okay. I think I have sufficiently justified this purchase. It's just tricky, because I would not have bought the same toy if it were in English. (Actually, I haven't bought him any toys in awhile...)

No comments:

Post a Comment