Monday, February 22, 2016

He's trying to write!

B has been trying hard to write in Japanese. (Funnily, he isn't very interested in learning to write in English. We're not sure why, but since he's willing to write in English, I'm going to assume it's just a random preference and it'll shift to something else soon enough).

Last week, I have received a cute card with 'I love you mom' written in Japanese (starting at the bottom and going right to left, so cute).

The other morning we were painting and I randomly did a tree and painted ki on the paper as well. B declared it a giant card and asked for more. I did a group of trees and was about to write mori when B asked for the brush - he tried to write ippai ki. You can see it above the trees, in green paint. His i sometimes looks like ko and he missed the tsu, pa, and second i but that's okay.
I don't know if I'll make more - this does seem like a nice way to introduce vocabulary, but it kind of turns something fun into work. Then again, B just thinks it's fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment