Saturday, February 6, 2016

Not the best week

I was unfocused this week. We barely did any practice, and he doesn't have his class today so he really hasn't done much.

He did do a bunch of practice on the iPad. I'd like to be one of those parents who never gives their child screen time, but I have to admit that my husband and I both like our screens a lot. We don't watch a lot of TV, but I read on my iPad and surf the Internet a lot. So I justify giving our son screen time by making most of it educational. (Not all of it, he still watches Paw Patrol and plays Super Mario games with his cousins).

So this week he revisited a bunch of apps to see if he still likes them. Turns out he does. We have Feedme by PencilBot which I think is really good. It comes in several different languages, too. We have First Words Japanese as well. B likes Mind Snacks Japanese as well, which was supposed to be for me because most of the games require reading.

In his midweek afterschool class, they celebrated Setsubun. It took me awhile to figure it out even though we've done it before. For good luck, you throw roasted soybeans at an oni (monster) and then you eat your age plus one in soybeans.

I guess some weeks you do more and some weeks you do less. Hopefully it all evens out in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment