Wednesday, March 16, 2016

During the break

We're a few days into Spring Break, and it already feels like it is flying by. We haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped, although because the weather has been nicer I've been trying to get lots of outside time in.

His last class before Spring Break for his Saturday school was the school festival. B was interested in more of the activities this year, so that was fun. It's still a bit confusing and we missed the story time because it took me awhile to figure out the announcement and then B walked the opposite way so we had to follow him. He had a good time though, and his teachers read to him a lot, so it's not a big deal.

I've been making him little reading worksheets by writing a few words on a page. Each word is for an object, and then I put the toys that match the words next to the paper. So this morning I had a tiny toy sushi, a small plastic star, and a little bead butterfly. I had written the words on the paper. When B found it at his spot, he put each object next to its word. It's simple and doesn't feel like work to him.

We've also been listening to a vocabulary CD in the car. It's one of those ones that comes with a phrase book. I've picked up a few words, and I think B has as well.

We're doing well on the non-language goals for Spring Break. I'm going to have to put more effort into his language practice, especially as there are no classes and I would like him to speak in Japanese at least 7 hours a week. (30 would be awesome but at this time does not seem possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment